View Single Post
04-09-09, 11:19 AM   #23
Aerador
A Fallenroot Satyr
Ok here's what I did. I capped my FPS @ 60 (/console maxfps 60) and gave Eye of the Storm and Strand of the Ancients a whirl. With nUI+ (fresh downloaded and installed copy, WTF wiped), Auto Group DISABLED, and using only the SOLO Unit Frame Panel, In both EotS and SotA the FPS would drop to the 15-20 range while engaging only 1-2 enemies, 2 - 16 FPS in large fighting areas. However I tried just running around places with no enemy players and it would drop to 2 - 12 FPS with nobody even near me in some areas.

I reinstalled my previous WTF and Addons folder with my nUI look-a-like interface I came up with using all those various mods listed earlier. Capped the FPS again at 60 and hopped into EotS and SotA again. FPS was between 58-60 at any time except in major areas with tons of fighting and spells going off my FPS would drop to the 42 - 56 FPS range.

Without the FPS cap I would have gotten better FPS without nUI and I have been getting about the same with nUI as I got this time, cap or no cap. I did that just so I could have a solid "I know what my max FPS is" value.

Edit: *At times with nUI installed my FPS was at the max 60 FPS when nobody was around but when it spikes down it spikes HARD! It would be in the 56-60FPS range and then an enemy comes up and BOOM it's down to 16 FPS or lower. Same with running around with nobody around. 56-60FPS and then as I crossed mid EotS with nobody anywhere near it BOOM 12 FPS or lower.

Last edited by Aerador : 04-09-09 at 11:24 AM. Reason: Added more...