View Single Post
01-17-13, 09:17 AM   #17
Clamsoda
A Frostmaul Preserver
It is relevant, because the OP is asking for feedback about his/her UI design, presumably with the intent of releasing it as a UI compilation for others to use. Complaining that he has buff consolidation turned on is like complaining that you don't like his screen resolution or complaining that his character's armor isn't transmogged to match. It has nothing to do with the UI design, and like I already said, if someone else downloads his addons and addon settings, their buff consolidation setting will not be affected at all.
Okay, that is just ridiculous. Comparing a UI element to transmog, or screen resolution has absolutely no correlation. Well...maybe screen resolution does, but regardless. It is strikingly obvious that the UI is his or hers, and isn't being put together JUST to be released. Having consolidated buffs on or off is a valid critique for his or her UI, and one that I am going to stand by. The majority of users aren't even aware that you can turn it on or off, as it was turned on by default when the feature was added. If the buffs hidden by consolidation are what is "cluttering" your UI, you have so much more to worry about. Not to mention, the lack of awareness is probably what makes LFR and the dungeon finder so miserable.

Anyways, I think you made some good improvements to your UI, especially with the movement of your unit frames. You'll find it is a lot easier to manage all of the information in WoW, when you aren't looking to every single extreme on the monitor.