View Single Post
07-21-14, 01:16 AM   #2
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
After re-launching the app it found WoW, but took about 5 minutes to scan my installed addons. The Curse Client takes about 5-10 seconds to do the same thing, so I guess there's still some optimization to be done here.

More tiny text, okay, I expected that. It's also oddly fuzzy, like I'm looking at a medium-quality JPEG image instead of actual text. See attachment.

Version boxes aren't wide enough to show long version strings (eg. Git hashes). There's definitely room in the UI to make these boxes (and everything else) a lot bigger. Please do that so I can see all the things.

Scrolling through the list of my installed is fairly laggy, and the response time seems variable, producing a rather disorienting effect. My GTX 750 Ti is more than capable of handling a simple scroll box, so I'm guessing this is just another area that's not optimized yet, or possibly a limitation of whatever GUI framework you're using.

Development copies (anything with .svn or .git folder inside, or wowi:revision keyword in the TOC, and probably the Curse TOC keywords too, and possibly any addons where the currently logged-in user is listed as an author) should be ignored. All of my own addons are being shown as having updates available.

Other incorrect version detections:
  • AckisRecipeList_QuickScan showing an update from 5.4.0-1.0.8 to 5.4.0.-1.0.8 (same version, extra period)
  • Bazooka showing an update from v2.4.0 to v2.3.1 (older version)
  • ChatLinkIcons shown an update from 1.
  • DropTheCheapestThing showing an update from v3.6.4 to 3.6.2 (older version, extra letter)
  • Grail showing an update from 065PR1 to 064 (older version, extra letters)
  • LearningAid showing an update from 1.12a2 to 1.12.0 Alpha 2 (same version, different formatting, not sure it's really practical to try to detect this)
  • OmniCC showing an update from 5.4.3 to 5.4.1 (older version)
  • OPie showing an update from Nougat 3 to Lime 6 (older version, but definitely not practical to try to support hurricane style names)
  • oUF_Karma showing an update from 1.6.12r (10-05-2013) to 1.6.2r (not sure what's happening here, I just downloaded this yesterday to look at something, and it's definitely the latest download, which is from 2013, so I guess the author just forgot to update the version string on the download page when he uploaded it)
  • RatingBuster showing an update from r398 to 1.6.5 (older version, but alpha vs release channels so not really anything you can do here I guess)
  • SilverDragon showing an update from v3.0.10 to 3.0.5 (older version, extra letter)
  • Touhin showing an update from r54 to 1.1 (older version, but again, different channel so not really possible to compare unless you go scrape the release dates from Curse pages)
  • xMerchant showing an update from 140617a to 101016 (way older version, not being updated on WoWI anymore)

On the plus side, actually updating individual addons seemed to be noticably faster than in the Curse Client, so there's that! And I found that a couple of my WoWI-only addons were out of date, so those are now up to date.

Edit:
Speaking of fuzzy images, are you guys ever going to fix whatever your server is doing to uploaded images to reduce quality and increase filesize? I reported it years ago, and bumped it at least once, but nodoby ever responded, but I just noticed it again with the screenshot I attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	minion2.png
Views:	338
Size:	370.0 KB
ID:	8155  

Last edited by Phanx : 07-21-14 at 01:18 AM.