View Single Post
02-28-13, 09:36 AM   #1
Mayron
A Frostmaul Preserver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Script to change certain settings on an addon?

Hi and thank you for reading this,

My problem is that I do not want to have multiple profiles and having to switch to each one depending upon the situation because I only want to change the position of the Party frames. It seems unnecessary to have two profiles when its only a small change and it is a big hassle to manage with all the scripts I am using in my UI. I don't want to go into the long story of why I need to do the following below if I can help it but what I want to know is the following:

Is it possible to create a script that changes a few settings in the Shadowed Unit Frame built in GUI menu without having to have two separate profiles?

I want to just simply change the position of the Party frame by changing the following options in the form of an OnUpdate script if possible. Else an OnClick script I could also work with.

in the Unit configuration list > Party > Party (tab) > under Manual Position:
Point = Top Left
Relative Point = Top Left
Y Offset = -5

in the Unit configuration list > Party > Party (tab):
Row Growth = Down

Thank you in advance. I have been looking in the lua files of the Shadowed Unit Frame addon folder but I am not sure what to look for and if I find it, how will I register in my addon folder (or KgPanel script page) that I need it to know where to find these variables? I hope that makes some sense, if not at least what I am asking for!)