Thread: Carbonite 5.04
View Single Post
09-04-12, 02:14 PM   #246
j800r
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
Those addons are great, but they don't replace the 3 key features I use from carbonite personally.... Regular zoomable map... PVP Maps... Warehouse info on tooltips (absolutely love when someone needs something I just have them link it to me and I can tell how many I have and where.) I tried altoholic to replace warehouse, and just found it to much for just one little thing needed.
Ahh. You see, I used Carbonite for different features. The Quest Tracking (which I prefer to Blizzard's default), the gathering locations/routes (the way you could set waypoints etc. Shame it's been broken for a while). I also admit I did love the map. The problem I always had without however is it wouldn't work in instances and I'd often find myself falling way behind the group or going the wrong way cause I had no idea where they were. Also the "guide" feature was incredibly broken and would never direct you to the nearest profession/class trainer and would instead guide you to the one in your capital. I should also note that if you're an undead levelling in Tirisfal the "Guide" would still tell you to go to Orgrimmar. It's the fact that these features were broken while Carbonite was still officially supported that scares me from trying out your fan update.

I appreciate you being decent regarding my criticism however. Nice to know all feedback is welcome.