View Single Post
02-08-07, 10:25 AM   #5
meio
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Usage

I tried to grab her butt and ended up squeezing her boob. My sense of direction is horrible! How can I get to where I want to go more easily?
Umm...

Well, there is a great feature of Cartographer for the directionally-challenged. It allows you to designate a location on the map as a 'waypoint', after which Cartographer will show you an in-game 3d arrow pointing to your waypoing that changes direction as you do! You may find that this feature quickly becomes one of your favorites.

There are two ways to use this feature. The simplest way is to simply type the coordinates as follows

/waypoint x, y

Of course, substitute real numbers in for x and y. The second way is to create a mapnote and then designate it as a waypoint. You can also use this method to help you get to any of the map notes that are already on your map. To do so, perform the following steps:

(1) Open your map by hitting 'M' or clicking on the map hotspot over the coordinates of the minimap.

(2) Right-click on an existing map note or create a note by control-right-clicking somewhere and selecting 'Create Map Note'.

(3) Select 'Set as waypoint'.

You should then see an arrow and distance information appear right above your HUD. Once you get to your location, you can just right-click on the arrow to delete the waypoint.

Note: You cannot set someone's butt as a waypoint. Gnomeregan engineers are currently working on the problem.

My party keeps telling me to 'heal' them. What MazzleUI add-ons can help me do that?
The main add-ons that can help with healing is Clique. This add-on provides click casting support. It is configured differently depending on the class you're playing. In general, right-clicking casts the most mana efficient spell for your class, for exaple Greater Heal on a priest. Alt-Left-clicking casts your emergency 'fast spell', like flash heal. Mouse button 4 casts your heal over time spell, and Mouse Button 5 casts your shield. Comparable spells will be cast for other classes.

To configure Clique, you must open the Blizzard spell book. Left-click the MazzleUI text to show the main menu bar to do that. There is a tab at the bottom of the spellbook (below your various spell schools) that will allow you to configure Clique.

Mazzlefizz, you owe me big-time for using your UI. Why aren't you doing my shopping and laundry for me?
Shush you.

While I won't do any of your menial errands, there is an add-on that will do your shopping for you, Free Refills. This add-on will allow you to automatically maintain a certain amount of any vendor-bought item in your inventory. Just tell it how much you want to keep around, and it will automatically buy more when you visit a vendor. To configure this add-on, find FreeRefills in MazzleOptions and follow the directions there.

I have a retard in my group and I need to kick him out. But every time I right-click on his unit frame to get the player menu, I just cast a greater heal on him. Now he thinks I like him. Help!
Calm yourself. Avoid looking directly at the chat frame to avoid any chance of further aggravation. Now, the reason right-clicking on the unit frame is not pulling up the player menu is that Clique has assigned it to click-cast a spell. To access the player menu, either use an unassigned click (try the middle mouse button or right-click with modifiers) or change your Clique settings so that right-click doesn't cast a spell.

I have new talent points, but the UI won't let me spend them! Why must the man always try to keep me down?
You're in luck. I just had a meeting with the man. While he would neither confirm nor deny that he's trying to keep you down, he will say that you are wrong to blame him for this one. Apparently, you just need to learn a bit about how the add-on Talented works.

Talented is an add-on that, not only shows you all three talent trees at once, but behaves as an in-game talent calculator allowing you to play with specs to your heart's content without spending any points. So, how does it work?

(1) First, decide whether you want to play with your real talent distribution or a hypothetical template. If you want to work with a template first, click on the 'Template' button and choose 'New Template', 'Copy of Current' or 'Empty'. If you want to immediately work with your real talent points, click the 'Template' button and select 'Current Template'.

Note: While this may seem a bit confusing, the 'Current Template' is not really a template. It's your actual point distribution.

(2) Now that you have selected a template, you need to be able to edit it so you can play with your talents. Click on the 'Mode' button and select 'Edit Template'. Your template is now unlocked, and you can left-click to spend talent points and, if you're not working with your real points, right-click to get them back.

(3) If you were working with a hypothetical template and want to actually apply your choices to your real talents, you can now click the 'Mode' button and select 'Apply Template'

Note: To make up for any confusion, the man recommends that you check out Talented's menus. There's lots of cool stuff in there, including the ability to dump your talent spec to chat or to send a talent profile to another user of Talented!"

Oooh, it keeps track of my record damages, heals, and crits....but where do i go to view this information later?
Just place your mouse at the very top of the screen and you'll see your FuBar menu. Mouseover the TopScoreFu portion of the Fubar and you can see all your record damages/heals/crits.

Woah! There are a million add-ons in MazzleOptions. How can I possibly find what I'm looking for?
There are two key features of MazzleOptions that can help you find the add-on you're looking for.
(1) If you know the name of the add-on, go to the 'Add-On Directory', the first item in MazzleOptions. There will be an alphabetical list of every add-on. You can click on any item and it will take you to the correct category.

(2) If you don't know the name of the add-on, try to find it by category. Remember that you can mouse over any category in the MazzleOptions topic list, and a tooltip will pop up telling you what is inside it. Just scan the list and it should be pretty easy to find what you're looing for.

Hey, mass mailing isn't just for gold sellers. Why isn't there a mass mailer in the UI? Nihongo wa hanisimasen.
There are two main reasons. First, the mail-enhancing add-on ******, err Postal, does plan a mass mailing feature. Second, it's already quite easy to send tons of mail to the same person. Simply fill in the recipient's name on a piece of mail and alt-click on items in your inventory. Every click will immediately send that item to the person. The name will remain in the mail window, so you can just keep clicking until you've sent everything your gold-farming heart desires.

Last edited by meio : 07-17-07 at 10:04 AM.