View Single Post
08-04-10, 11:54 PM   #3
sakurakira
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
... but if you're in a guild where you feel like you need to get a bunch of people running an addon to make sure other guild members aren't using alts to masquerade as different people, that's probably a strong sign that you should find a new guild.
Not just members, but officers. Because of this thread I went and read that Wow.come article (I usually avoid the guild drama letters there) and was surprised. It's one thing if some person sees that an officer didn't make a note about their alt status or something and decided to take advantage of it, but the problem in that guild was perpetrated by the officers themselves. There is no remedy for deceit like that, and the only way to avoid it is to leave such a guild.

If such an addon existed, I don't know how it would be able to distinguish alts that were IN the guild, vs those who were OUT of the guild. I have a main raider. I'm a good, loyal raider. I show up early for every raid and try to bring my A-game every time. If I want to have alts that are outside the guild (like I have currently, though they aren't very active), or an opposite faction alt (which I also have) I don't think that the rest of the guild has to know.