View Single Post
08-05-10, 10:26 AM   #9
Psychophan7
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by sakurakira View Post
If such an addon existed, I don't know how it would be able to distinguish alts that were IN the guild, vs those who were OUT of the guild. I have a main raider. I'm a good, loyal raider. I show up early for every raid and try to bring my A-game every time. If I want to have alts that are outside the guild (like I have currently, though they aren't very active), or an opposite faction alt (which I also have) I don't think that the rest of the guild has to know.
/ginfo only lists people in the guild. If your alt wasn't in the guild, then this hypothetical addon couldn't detect you.

Originally Posted by Enceladus View Post
Here is a thought:
My understanding is that the RealID information for your character can be seen in game by an add-on coded to access it. Anybody, supposedly, can access this data. If this is true, you could make an add-on that collects and associates character names with RealID information in a database. It could alert you when you a new character name is associated with a RealID and even share that data with others that use said add-on.
Addons were able to request the RealID information of the user, but Blizzard hotfixed it. It seems quite underhanded to exploit RealID that way, anyways.