View Single Post
10-02-10, 01:05 PM   #25
neverg
A Frostmaul Preserver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Petrah View Post
No offense, but I find it kinda sad that people still wait until after they've been hacked to purchase an authenticator. I was one of those idiots that kept the wow authenticator store page open in my browser for days, and kept hitting refresh until they were restocked lol. Got mine within the first week after they were announced.
I'm not saying it was curse, it just the last thing I remember doing before I was hacked. Went to bed, the next morning I couldn't access my account anymore. It was blocked because it was probably used by the hacker to advertise gold or something.

I never bought an authenticator because didn't find it necessary since I considered myself someone responsible. And the only ones available were the normal ones, after the mobile ones appeared I bought one right away.

I don't have a clue how they did it, bruteforce was not for sure, because I Don't think Blizzard allows that anyway. Most probably it was some kind of add or flash like you said. Can't see anything else.

Anyway, I have one authenticator on one of my Mobiles, a Sony Ericsson, but it's even available for Android now, so I'm set, even tho it's not 100% secure even with an authenticator.