View Single Post
04-30-11, 07:18 PM   #6
Xubera
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Maliack View Post
Hey there,

Thanks very much for your responses - I appreciate it!

I understood that the functions are executed based on events (which your addon needs to register for). I just had my function get called when the "OnLoad" event happened. I was just surprised when 0 was always returned by the UnitPower() calls.

I'll keep poking around and looking at more examples, and at the sites that you listed.

Thanks again!
Well actually OnLoad gets called when your addon gets fully loaded, not when the UI is ready (Or OnLoad might actually just be called when the frame is loaded, and ADDON_LOADED when the addon is loaded, but im pretty sure its when your addon gets fully loaded)

either way, OnLoad doesnt refer to the client or the game as being loaded, just your addon.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Events_that_...oading_Process

Try using wowpedia.org over wowwiki... wowwiki moved to wowpedia when the hosting wiki site overloaded the site with ads and forced a certain formatting style to non registered users, which was some white thingy, and a lot of people didnt like that.

▲ ▲ WoWInterface wont let me triforce >.>