View Single Post
07-06-05, 02:26 PM   #16
Littlejohn
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Kaelten
1) it would be nice if the window had maybe one or two more rows, or maybe allow us to cofig the rows.
I'd love to know how to do this. The scrolled area is really a static group of XML frames. Any idea how to create them without hardcoding the XML? (I suppose I could create 20 or so and then just hide the ones you don't want. Ick.)

2) a global track memory usage toggle would be good too.

3) being able to have a seperate window with information about groups of function that would logically make up an addon.

4) being able to toggle memory tracking for an "addon" with a single click

5)you said it keeps track of cps over a 3 second window, if there is could be an option to change this it would be nice.
Yep, yep, yep and yep. Gello wanted (3) and (4) too. I'll have to think some more about reporting big-picture system performance.

6)I noticed that I had to add OO by KC_EnhancedTradesClass: could it be possible to only add it by the instance? what if I had KC_EnhancedTrades and KC_EnhancedTradesAdv both based off the same class(bad example I know) and I wanted to track them seprately?
I'm pretty new at Lua and especially OO in Lua. My code treats objects as just another table to find functions in -- if you don't give it a specific table, then it uses the global table. (All variables in Lua are just entries in a table.) Can you explain what you want a bit more?

What I can do is catch the difference between a class table and an object instance table. If you give it an object table, TraceEvent could put a condition on the trace function that checks if the function is being called with the object you're interested in. If you give it a class table, TraceEvent will work the way it does now. Hmm. I think I made a mistake in the syntax. I should use "." for class tables and ":" for object tables. That's consistent with Lua call syntax -- you could trace "KC_EnhancedTradesClass." or "KC_EnhancedTrades:"

Does that make any sense?

7) go buy yerself a beer or your spirit of choice for doing what looks like will be such a useful mod for developers.
Thanks! Sadly I'm putting shingles on the house today... The cold frosty bear will just have to wait a while.