View Single Post
04-02-12, 04:19 AM   #22
Wimpface
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by zork View Post
Before we had TUKUI derivates there were Pitbull UI's all over the place.
Yes, but they were mostly unique. TukUI derivates all look the same except for positioning of unitframes. Not that that's automatically a bad thing, but it gets old.

I can mention many people who might not have come up with new concepts and rather decided to follow suit, hell I'm one of them, but they still made good UIs. It looked different, even though it was about the same because there's only so much you can do when you try to cut down on everything.
But this was interesting to me, people were always trying to maximize on usefulness and cut down on uselessness. I think that's what kept most of the minimalists going, the sense of "competition".

I don't get that feeling with TukUI derivates. It's all the same plain old borders that aren't unique, the same textures, the same panels, it's just all the same.

Also regarding WoW, people change. People grow out of things, people eventually will grow out of WoW. It's not fun but it's inevitable.
I'm personally just holding out for MoP at this point. I really hope they succeed in making the game as fun as it once was. I believe that if the game is good, the UI community will come back.