View Single Post
08-22-09, 03:48 PM   #11
vAzNKNiGHT
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by havoxx View Post
Mmm, been a while since I've visited the forums, been a bit busy...

In any case, Hey Vaz, I love that artwork, it's very well done, it is a bit busy, but that's not a bad thing, it's all dependent on taste. I do want to input as well, the art is just there, at least, as far as for my taste, there isn't any sort of border to lock the image in place.
Thanks for the kind words.

My goal in making this layout was to use utilize transparency in my images. The initial idea was that I wanted to make the images seamlessly blend into the gaming environment wherever you go, but further testing showed me that it could get confusing since the panel is simply what it is: a controlling panel. Making it blend in too much with the environment will often time confuse players; since they're used to the action bars being generally distinct from the rest of the environment, this allow quick mouse-click when necessary on action buttons (some players don't always use hotkeys).

That being discovered, I thought it was back to the drawing board. But I decided to go with it, making the images blend into the environment, but not so much that they can potentially cause confusions. And the final product is what you see with my modified layout.