View Single Post
01-28-13, 06:38 PM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Well, I don't think there's any real way to (technically) export just your notes, but I can give you an idea where to find them.

Go to your "Path to your WoW folder\WTF\Account\ACCOUNT NAME\SavedVariables\" folder and look for the "Carbonite.lua" file. You can open it in any plain text editor, but a free program like Notepad++, or Geany would work better for searching through Lua files (which is my personal opinion).

Look for (or search for) ""NXFav"" (yes, the quotes are in the Lua code which is why I added them here). The notes, and any favorites you might have, are listed there. In my "Carbonite.lua" file ""NXFave"" is on line 59915, but yours might be different.

You can copy the notes from the Lua file, but I haven't figured out how to paste them in another "Carbonite.lua" and have them work.

Of course, if you are transferring the notes just to a different computer, but are using the same account and characters, you should be able to copy the "Carbonite.lua" file to the other computer on a memory stick. It should be put in the exact same location that you copied it from except on the other computer. IE: "Path to your WoW folder\WTF\Account\ACCOUNT NAME\SavedVariables\Carbonite.lua".

Just remember to rename the same file on the computer that you are copying the file to, instead of allowing the new file to overwrite the original one that is on the new computer, just in case there is a problem. That way you can delete the file you copied over, and just rename the original back and you won't have lost anything. You don't have to actually change the name of the file that is in place, just adding a "_" (shift + - (dash) or, really, just about any other character you want) after the name works just fine.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 01-28-13 at 06:54 PM.