View Single Post
01-15-13, 01:02 AM   #3
Xionyus
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
Not my style, but here are a couple of non-style-related suggestions:

(1) You should spend some time working on alignment. For example, the top of the unit frames is about 40px from the top of the screen, while the top of the minimap is about 20px from the top of the screen. The top and left of the unit frames are different distances from the edges of the screen. The top of the buffs should line up with the top of the minimap. The right edges of all the things on the right of the screen -- minimap, vertical action bar, boss frames, Recount -- should line up with each other. The bottom edges of the things at the bottom of the screen -- chat text, action buttons, raid frames, Recount -- should line up with each other.

(2) The bar textures on Recount and your cast bar doesn't match the textures on your unit frames, and I can't quite tell whether the boss timer bars match or not due to the screenshot quality, but you should pick one texture and use it everywhere.

(3) Your buffs are missing borders.

(4) You might consider using the same border for your action buttons that you're using for everything else (the black shadow thing) or vice versa (the thin gray line).

(5) The Radar Range window seems kind of randomly placed. You should try to line it up with something, and maybe give it a border, or hide the background.

(6) The white glow on the nameplates is out of place. Maybe try a different TidyPlates skin, or try your hand at customizing whichever skin you're using?
1. I noticed that when I first started. I'm usually more nitpicky for stuff like this but my computer is dying and I freeze in LFR when I'm only using WoW and skype. I'll mess around with that later.

2. When I took the SS I didn't mess with the bar. I didn't even know I could change the cast bar on DBM.

3. I installed an addon to border them and it should be fixed.

4. If you're talking about my stance/action bar, then I am using the same border. It's just 'thinner' and the screenshot is bad quality.

5. When I was messing with the addons I wasn't really noticing anything from DBM. I'll mess when them next time I do LFR.

6. I'll try another skin.

If you don't mind me PMing you my final result for more critiquing? And thanks a lot for the post. I appreciate it more than you know.