View Single Post
06-11-05, 09:59 AM   #32
diiverr
A Theradrim Guardian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
That did the trick on the slider. I tried to document my troubleshooting as I went along in the post above, looks like my first intuition was correct, I just (as usual) had the syntax all borked.

I assume now all I need to do to add more bars is duplicate the core texture frame and corresponding sliders, changing my "hbar1's" to "hbar2's" and so on. The lua functions they call will adjust accordingly? Very slick, and thank you very much!

What you are doing sounds really interesting. Utililizing the default action buttons is a nice feature. It should allow the user a nice variety of configuration options without actually reinventing the wheel, thus, avoiding all kinds of related problems. KISS principal at work.

In regards to re-orienting, I have played around with :SetPoint() to re-arrange the way elements are grouped. Somehow I don't think this is the method you employed.

In any event, I don't think :SetPoint() would work effectively with DiivSkins, as its images are technically just one entity re-rendered to reflect several.(?) I could now reconstruct new functions for the TextureOnEvent and TextureUpdate to construct different elements, vertically oriented bars, or some of the other "bits", like endcaps. I think I could even constuct a toggle to flip between which elements are actually displayed and manipulated in the GUI, say, using a checkbox and a bunch of layered :Show() and :Hide() functions.

That said, I have a feeling you have a cooler way to do it.

If you think it would be of any assistance to me, I would be very happy to peek at the code for your AddOn. Not sure if my addy is in my sight profile, but you can get me at: diiverr818 [at] yahoo [dot] com. If you're not "passing it out" just yet, I totally understand.

Thanks again.

EDIT:

Hiya Cairenn, I had a feeling you were lurking. <wink>

Last edited by diiverr : 06-11-05 at 10:02 AM.