Thread: A Serious Offer
View Single Post
09-09-12, 12:52 AM   #4
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Your name doesn't come to mind as someone who posts annoyingly vague sort-of-questions and complains about the answers or as someone who asks the same questions over and over again and obviously isn't learning anything.

Originally Posted by Senit24 View Post
Firstly, is it preferred to start a new thread with every new topic of discussion, or should I just chained questions together in on massive thread?
It depends. If have a question about an answer you got to a previous question, then you should post it in the same thread. If you're working on a specific project (like an oUF layout) and your questions are all about how to do/fix things in your layout, then posting them all in the same thread is also fine.

If your question is more general (eg. not specific to your layout) and not a follow-up to another question, you should post a new thread, with a descriptive title, so others with the same or similar questions can find your thread and benefit from the answers.

Originally Posted by Senit24 View Post
Secondly, how do you color code your code? It's soooo much easier to read.
There are two options... you can wrap your code inside [ HIGHLIGHT="Lua" ] ... [ /HIGHLIGHT ] tags, and that auto-colors based on syntax, but I find many of the colors used very hard to read on the dark gray background, so I generally only use it for longer code blocks.

You can also use all the standard formatting tags like [ B ] and [ COLOR="PaleGreen" ] inside [ CODE ] ... [ /CODE ] tags, which is what I usually do if I want to emphasize specific parts of some code I'm posting. Don't go overboard, though.