View Single Post
04-30-09, 04:33 PM   #1016
Reversion
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Spectro View Post
I'd jump through as many hoops as needed to get a hold of addons like Auctioneer, [any all-in-one-inventory type mod], Skillet/ATSW, and Carbonite (Quest section) or QuestHelper.

It's within the right of any author to choose where to distribute his work. If an addon is popular enough like Auctioneer or some type of raid compilation like DBM or BigWigs, then people are going to need to download it whether or not it has restrictions.
Thats only a handful, how bout 150 hoops? I have that many addons (not counting libs and optionals)

I honestly could care less about where you post them, just if you want me to take chances/load up on addons to add more eyeballs then allow me a quick way to update the, officially sanctioned updater.

Before I got fed up with Curse I ran 3 updaters.

I am not telling you what to do nor where to host, I am just giving you perspective of what people may do. If all of you are going to get hurt personally and see me as an attack then you are taking my message the wrong way and my efforts of trying to give you that perspective of the other side or devil's advocate as you will seem more and more futile. So far people have been more inclined to shoot my ideas down then have a nice discussion. Not to mention the defamatory comment against me earlier calling me a petty thief.

Go nuts, upload wherever, do whatever. Clearly I seemed to have stuck my nose into someone's business and they don't seem to like it.

To leave on a good note WoWI has been the best site in all of this debacle, they handled the situation the best they could do with what they had to go against and overly eager ally that was bulling its way through with or without them... in both cases. I applaud WoWI and having the forum for the Minion bookmarked in a quick location as I have high hopes for WoWI to get it right.