View Single Post
06-21-13, 04:12 PM   #9
Fizzlemizz
I did that?

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Thanks Dridzt.

Interesting, did rank icons disappear at some stage? It's the only place DUF uses UnitPVPRank() but I didn't start following API changes until late 4.x.

I'll have a rummage around Wowpedia.

Edit: I'm not sure it's intentional as GetPVPRankInfo() seems to still available and it pretty much requires UnitPVPRank().

Edit2: My bad, GetPVPRankInfo() is gone also so addons can't display rank information while the Blizzard UI can. Seems odd.

Originally Posted by Dridzt View Post
Hah! That's because it's been removed C-side.
It's not in the binaries anymore (build 17093).
Not sure if that's an oversight on the Lua side of things (where they forgot to remove it from HonorFrame.lua) or the c-side of things where they're no longer exporting/linking it to the lua environment.

Edit:The plot thickens :-P
There's 2 global HonorFrame_OnEvent() functions, one in HonorFrame.lua and one in \AddOns\Blizzard_PvPUI\Blizzard_PvPUI.lua.
Since by virtue of it being LoD the 2nd would overwrite the first, my guess is they forgot to remove HonorFrame.* and it's actually deprecated.
I don't see HonorFrame.xml loaded from FrameXML.toc so it's a good guess to say HonorFrame*.* files are leftovers and not loaded by the client.

Last edited by Fizzlemizz : 06-21-13 at 05:50 PM.