View Single Post
09-24-12, 02:37 AM   #56
roylepython
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Heian View Post
No, this hasn't changed, addons must be free of charge. Otherwise the authors would have to pay a license to Blizzard. Which doesn't happen.
Im so glad im at a loss for why this is even beginning to be a point i came back here to look if these awesome authors had come up with a new version of carbonite or a newer version made from the old after all

2) Add-on code must be completely visible.

The programming code of an add-on must in no way be hidden or obfuscated, and must be freely accessible to and viewable by the general public.

and my only reason for pointing this out is people are arguing over who started it... Does it matter as long as World of Warcraft users still see the benefit into Mist of Pandaria and it doesnt go into the LOST addons realm. Carbonite WAS a great addon it looks like slowly its being super seeded either because its authors were too busy to play and update it or real life took over i hope carbonite does get a revamp or i hope someone picks it up as it saves MANY hours game play so respect to the original author btw HERE is Blizzards addon policy that im refering to in the HOPE this addon returns