View Single Post
08-29-12, 10:46 AM   #5
Nuggs
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Ozzey View Post
firstly thank you so much, you have clarified a number of things for me.

in regards to knowing linux,
i know the very basics. like using VI nano and some simple terminal commands.
i.e mounting etc..

i did once manage to get a full gentoo install done with extensive reading of the guide.
this alone gave me some valuable knowledge after which i switched to ubutnu, which if im honest i did not like 1 bit.
it seems slow sluggish and overall not impressive. i had more fun installing gentoo. but i broke the system so many times over i just couldn't bring myself to another 2 day install.

i may give this sabayon a whirl.
thanks for your advice.

im presuming Wine is still the way to go for running WoW
Not a problem. The more people running GNU/Linux, the better.

As for your question about Wine, I always compile it from the website but if you don't want to do that or might not know the proper configuration to run the compile, you can get pre-packaged one from the winehq website.

I generally check out how the unstable looks and use it but if I see a lot of problems with it for any games I play I'll check out one of the previous unstable releases before settling on their latest release.

The releases from your distribution will generally be older versions of Wine, unlike the official releases for stable/unstable from the winehq website.

Last edited by Nuggs : 08-29-12 at 10:47 AM. Reason: It's early, haven't slept, forgot to add a little more.