View Single Post
11-12-12, 07:12 PM   #8
Doskious
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Presumably, different zones could experience different offsets, depending on the relative accuracy of their X,Y placement numbers.

Not that this is huge, or objectionable, even; you've done splendidly, Rythal.

That said, the finicky perfectionist in me is very interested in going into the code to make the changes necessary to get the XY coordinates to match up nicely...

In NxMapData.lua, am I correct in thinking that the Pandaria worldmap zone definition numbers (starting at line 1658, ZoneID 6001, Dread Wastes?) follow the earlier indicated format of {Name, Scale, OriginX, OriginY, ...}?

Also, I think that my screenshots may simply be identifying the offsets between the Valley of the Four Winds map and the Kransarang Wilds map, as even in the second image, the southern edge of the minimap is visibly offset from the Carbonite map underneath - check the riverbanks. So it would seem that the ideal way to resolve the X,Y Coordinates would be to try to obtain a third-party minimap-based coordinate reporting display, and use that output to tweak each zone map into a proper fit. ^_^;

Unless there are objections, I plan to try to do this. Leveling my Hunter was ... frustrating at times. :P

Last edited by Doskious : 11-12-12 at 07:20 PM. Reason: new insight