View Single Post
01-09-14, 09:48 PM   #5
Simca
An Aku'mai Servant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
I doubt it's really intentional that openable containers in your inventory pass a value where a GUID should be, especially if the behavior is not consistent.
Possibly, but it seems like a particularly specific value (number of boxes opened) to be contained within a GUID, so somebody at Blizzard must have at least considered this possibility.

Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
Why exactly do you need to keep track of this? You didn't say what your addon does, and neither of the addons you are listed as an author for appear to be related to looting, but I can't imagine it's a common scenario for users to open the same box over and over again without looting its contents.
Mainly, it's because I just want to cover every base, really. Users always come to me with the most bizarre bugs, and it's usually because they're doing something highly abnormal (that they don't realize is highly abnormal).

I may be able to find an entirely different method of doing what I want for this specific addon, but I was curious about this bug, primarily because if it does exist and the problem is not mine, then it has reprocussions for database sites like Wowhead and WoWDB who most likely use this method of tracking opened containers as well.