View Single Post
07-27-11, 04:43 PM   #6
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by alfabouch View Post
Just did that, and as usual, as soon as I clic "Current Gather Locations", the route appears, but nodes also disappear :/
Well, all I can tell you is that for me if I set up a route (for all of the mining nodes in the zone, not just one type of mining node) the node icons don't disappear. My node icons are very small to begin with, but they are still there after creating the route. If, however, I set up a route for just one node type, yes, the node icons disappear after I click on "Current Gather Locations". I'm guessing that this has something to do with the fact that you have to stop showing the node icons before you can set up a route for just one (or a few different) node type. Don't worry, though. If you have your Blizzard and Carbonite maps merged you will still see the active node indicator (flashing dot) for nodes you can harvest as you come to them. You will also get the Carbonite "ding" telling you you have reached the approximate known node location.

A "Clear Goto" remove the said "Goto" but also clear the map from the specific selected nodes.
When you right click the map and choose "Clear Goto" in the menu, you are effectively telling Carbonite that you don't need the route any more, since that route (or any route in Carbonite) is a collection of "goto" points which are all strung together. If you want to skip the current target, you can set a key binding for that in Blizzards key binding interface.

Also, if I don't select "Current Gather Location", (while watching specific nodes, i.e. Copper Ore) witch I suppose I can do if I just want to See specifics nodes, the automatic "Goto" implying an automatic zoom prevents me from correctly seeing the map.
You can do two things for this problem: You can put your mouse cursor over the Carbonite map and scroll-zoom out to how you want it, or, before you start setting up a rout, zoom the Carbonite map the way you wish to see it, then right click the map and in the menu choose "Save Map Scale". If setting a route changes the map scale, simply right click the map again and choose "Restore Map Scale". You can also set a key bind in the Blizzard key binding interface to restore your map scale (as long as it has been saved). Open blizzards key binding interface (ESC > Key Bindings) and scroll down the list to the "Carbonite" heading. There is an option to set a key binding for "Restore Saved Map Scale".

The other thing is: If you right click the map, and choose "Route" but don't choose "Current Gather Locations" in the next menu, nothing happens. Nothing happens no matter how you are setting up a route.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 07-27-11 at 04:48 PM.