View Single Post
08-24-09, 12:06 PM   #3
Rhamses
A Theradrim Guardian
Sounds interesting. I will have to reread what you wrote and translate it into my brain's way of thinking

Any button can respond differently to any one of 5 mouse buttons, not to mention the alts, ctrol, shift and all the combos. In addition, their is logic built right into the button to handle "Friend" and "Foe". It can do a simple spell cast or a complex macro.

People get confused and frightened by macros. But, what I think would help them out if there was an artificial layout. Still rolling it over in my mind.

Say the addon opened up a design sandbox linked to "1"

four boxes appear. One for Null-1. One for Alt-1, one for CTRL-1 and one Shift-1.

One button "1" can handle four spells depending on the extra key.

Another example and how I have been playing is click based

I have a single button window and I have it mapped to
left button. Right button. Alt Left Button and Alt Right button.
and this one "window" is also tied, to "Helpable" and "Harmable"

When we start to parse all the things that a button can resolve on its own, it significantly reduces the number of buttons required for game play. This saves screen realestate and I can make put off the need for bifocals for another year .

The trick here is it requires much more thought in advance. A lot of planning has to go into UIs like this. But, then it goes up even higher when I start using buff textures to modify the appearance of the button without changing its actual function to avoid taint.

Rhamses