Thread: Our UI Manager
View Single Post
03-18-09, 02:25 AM   #35
Shirik
Blasphemer!
Premium Member
WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Uh.... no, I'm not going to be adding anything to datamine your character.

Why does the curse client do this anyway?

That being said, the end goal is that new and creative modules can be created to extend the functionality of this program. It is theoretically possible to make a module that will automatically pull, say, Gatherer node locations and sync them with a site. This, however, will not be done by me. It will also probably require some work with the security manager integrated into the core.

Having said that, I'm always looking for people to discuss (a) testing of modularity, (b) review of module development documentation, and (c) possible extensions to the module API. This is one section that has ONLY been looked at by me, as none of the alpha testers have both the time and knowledge to be able to think about these sorts of things. If you have a creative idea on what might be possible, I'd like to discuss it to see if things would work well.

EDIT: To address the other questions, we have alpha testers from Windows, Mac OS, and Linux all reviewing the software right now. Additionally, there will only be a single release for all three OSes, as an OS-independent installer application, which will identify OS, architecture, and JVM version to obtain the correct release for you, painlessly.
しりたくなかったんだ
It's my turn next.

Shakespeare liked regexes too!
/(bb|[^b]{2})/