View Single Post
10-17-09, 11:47 PM   #3
Coasty
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
It could be that the frame strata or level has been raised for the chat frame and is causing it to overlay the edit box for the chat frame, thus making the whole edit frame darker. I'm not sure how to fix that.
Well, I definitely found it to be an interaction problem with Prat after I disabled it tonight. About the only difference I could see in the size/position of the edit box with Prat enabled is it looks like the top and right edges of the edit box are JUST barely touching the top/right chat box border. None of Prats available config options will fix the problem. I guess the Prat author made some minute changes to the edit box in v3.2.8 and in the process broke it's compatibility with nUI.

As for fixing it... Well, I'm sure you've heard something like this before, but if you were to incorporate the Prat scroll button for moving to the top or bottom of the text into v6 of nUI I'd guess the problem would go away, at least for me , not to mention having another addon bite the dust.

Lord knows that Prat does a lot towards fixing some of the default chat box shortcomings, but the only attraction of Prat for me is the added scroll button for quickly moving to the top/bottom of the chat text. The rest of its goodies I don't really use much, but I do use that particular extra top/bottom scroll button a whole bunch.

For now though, what with nUI being more important to me than Prat and needing to be able to read that edit box text, Prat will just have to take a hike.