Thread: Trinity Buttons
View Single Post
12-20-06, 07:58 AM   #10
Niimaur
A Defias Bandit
Trinity-n00b problem with Paged Bars

Hi Maul, I am new to Trinity Bars but love it already, as do many of us in Babylon Alliance on Dragonblight.

This is probably not a bug ... just me being a n00b ... but I could see nothing in the other forums about it and it seems a bit peculiar.

Pre-Trinity, I had action bars 1, 2, 3 & 4 locked to my left hotbar so that I could switch between them using SHIFT-1/2/3/4 resp'ly and retain the same key bindings. I only really use 3 of them: Bar 1/2 for Combat keys and Bar 4 for Professions keys, smelting, BSing, etc..

When I started with Trinity, I found this quite confusing, but soon realised that Bar 1 - the Paged Bar - had 6 sets of buttons and could be switched using SHIFT-n to show Bar Paged-n (1 <= n <= 6). This worked well in config mode and I "stole" buttons from unused Bars 10, 9 & 8 as recommended, to populate Paged-2/3/4. I followed the procedures for Binding keys (the top line numerics and - =) to the 12 buttons and once again, everything worked well, with the key-bindings "falling through", while I was in Config mode.

My problems started when I switched Config mode off and set about using the bars in anger. Now the SHIFT-n process does not correctly switch to the Paged-n Buttons SHIFT1/3/5 showed a blank set of buttons; SHIFT-2/4/6 show Paged-4 buttons.

I have many other add-ons but I suspect they are not relevant.

Any guidance for this Trinity n00b would be appreciated.

Nim

<edit> I have been running the Beta version and key-binding is a known issue </edit>

The Stoopid Dorf strikes again ... I am now running 20000.19.5a and it is doing just what I want

Last edited by Niimaur : 12-20-06 at 05:41 PM. Reason: I'm a Stoopid Dorf ...