View Single Post
09-21-12, 05:20 PM   #37
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Gronzig View Post
The TOC references LibStub and CallBackHandler, but the libs are not included in the zip.
Originally Posted by myrroddin View Post
you might want to not specify versions of either, and always use the latest versions.
I don't plan on addressing either of these, as I don't consider them problems.

Nobody should never be running a standalone copy of the library; it should be embedded in and loaded with an addon, and that addon is responsible for also including copies of LibStub and CallbackHandler.

Advanced users who choose to run their addons with libraries disembedded should also have standalone copies of LibStub and CallbackHandler; if they don't, it's absolutely not my problem. Such users are also going to have 500000 FrameXML.log errors anyway, so I don't consider that my problem either. The TOC exists solely for my convenience, and LibStub and CallbackHandler are referenced in it because I have unversionsed copies of them in my local LibResInfo folder so they are not cluttering up my already full AddOns folder. If you choose to use it, you're on your own.

If you're using the library in an addon, you should be embedding it in the addon.