View Single Post
12-28-06, 12:03 AM   #1
johnflesh
A Kobold Labourer
Custom IMG Graphics UI

Lately I have been trying to track down a nice mod to put a custom graphic on the BACKGROUD below my UI for looks. I have used XArt and I found a new one called Darktide (which was just recently remade from an old one borrowing XArt's code). The problem is they are seemingly both set to resolutions above my own.

I am not in search of the mod so much as a code for this in .lua.

I will give one example of an LUA I have been trying to alter (Darktide) and then tell you the results based on my monitor's resolution and how it interacts. (I have yet to alter it successfully) so I came here for some help.

Code:
Darktide = {}

function Darktide:GetClass()
    local _, class = UnitClass("player")
    class = string.lower(class)
    return class
end

function Darktide:CreateArtFrame()
    self.frame = CreateFrame("Frame", "DarktideFrame", UIParent)
    self.frame:SetFrameStrata("BACKGROUND")
    self.frame:EnableMouse(false)
    self.frame:SetMovable(false)
    self.frame:SetWidth(1536)
    self.frame:SetHeight(256) -- 6 * 256 = 1536 :)
    self.frame:ClearAllPoints()
    self.frame:SetPoint("BOTTOMLEFT", UIParent, "BOTTOMLEFT", 0, 0)

for i=1,6 do
        self["art"..i] = self.frame:CreateTexture("$parentArt"..i,"BACKGROUND")
        self["art"..i]:SetWidth(256)
        self["art"..i]:SetHeight(256)
        self["art"..i]:SetTexture("Interface\\Addons\\Darktide\\Textures\\"..self:GetClass()..i)
        self["art"..i]:ClearAllPoints()
        if i == 1 then
            self["art"..i]:SetPoint("BOTTOMLEFT", self.frame, "BOTTOMLEFT", 0, 0)
        else
            self["art"..i]:SetPoint("BOTTOMLEFT", self["art"..i-1], "BOTTOMRIGHT", 0, 0)
        end
        self["art"..i]:Show()

end

self.frame:RegisterEvent("DISPLAY_SIZE_CHANGED")
	self.frame:RegisterEvent("CVAR_UPDATE")
	self.frame:SetScript("OnEvent", function() this:SetScale(UIParent:GetWidth()/1536) end)

self.frame:Show()
end

Darktide:CreateArtFrame()
This code deals with 6 images (.tga) that are 256 x 256.

Again this works fine except my resolution isn't w.1536 - it's width is 1280. So inturn it cuts off some of the graphics that proceed off the stage to the bottom right side.

SO.. I have a few questions here. Each question is similar but is actually quite different and is assuming another route in this success.

1. How can I get this code to work for my own resolution (native) of 1280 x 1024 and have the graphics fit?

2. If I alter (resize) the graphics to meet my native (1280) and then alter the code accordingly, nothing happens. No graphics show up at all.

3. (most important) Is there a way to make a SINGLE graphic work instead of using 6 different pieces? Or in XArt's case, 4 different pieces? If there is a way to get a single graphic to work, what is that code, I am a noob to this but really want to find the solution as it will get me what I want, and teach me all the same.

Thanks for your time and help, in advance.
JohnB.