View Single Post
05-22-11, 03:51 PM   #2
Goldpaw
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by zork View Post
Your texture need to keep the width/height ratio of 8:1, otherwise it will not work.

To get no anti-aliasing: If you are using a edge texture with 16px height your edgeSize must be 16 to get no scaling. If you are using glows scaling is allowed because id does not matter and has the effect of shortening the glow effect.
I've experienced some more or less interesting problems when creating border textures with 1px stuff in them. And it appears to be connected to how WoW handles its backdrop borders.

My 128x16px border file is divided into 8 parts, all 16x16 pixels in size. But only the center 14x14 pixels in each of those 8 parts are used by WoWs backdrops. The outer 1px rectangle is totally ignored. And this also affects the edgeSize. Because to WoW, the thickness of my border is 14, not 16.

So when setting the edgeSize in my backdrop, I have to put it to 14, even though my actual texture file has a height of 16. If I put it to 16, it gets blurry and antialiased, because to WoW, the height is 14.

EDIT:
This doesn't appear to be the case for tooltip borders. For my tooltips I have to set the edgeSize to the actual size in order for it to be displayed correctly. And yes, everything is scaled correctly.

Last edited by Goldpaw : 05-22-11 at 04:58 PM.