View Single Post
04-18-09, 01:05 AM   #25
Azul
Banned

Originally Posted by ChaosInc View Post
Blizz's restriction to limit OnUpdate overhead. Too much going on = too much processing, both on the user end and on the servers. You have to take into account that although a user may not mind a bit of lag here and there during data transactions, it does effect gameplay for everyone else as well. About a month ago people ran into this issue where half the players running around where "jerking" or "teleporting" due to inproperly throttled performance monitor mods (not going to state any specfic ones).

As a rogue, I know this irritated the hell outta me when I would try to sneak on someone to find that they were actually 200 yrds in the opposite direction because a mod they had was trying to do too much too quickly.

But that's it for me tonight. I'm well past my bedtime and have to work in the morn. GL with your project.
I think the lag will be worse if I use globals instead of locals. Your (or their) logic is completely flawed. At the most fundamental level possible.

Originally Posted by Aezay View Post
What makes you think that tables are too slow? Sure it's true that locals are faster, but when working with data, which I think you do, as you're able to use up 60 upvalues, it makes a lot more sense to put it into tables.
If you want us to really be able to help you, the code has to be posted, no pseudo code, the real stuff.
Because I tried with tables, and it was much slower. I don't want to post my code in the state it's in right now, it would be very embarrassing.