Thread: Carbonite 5.04
View Single Post
08-31-12, 11:42 AM   #52
jarda128
A Cyclonian
[quote=riktor;261481]i don't think this is the real carbonite, in fact why would they put an update in a url called
<snip>
BE AWARE PEOPLE DON'T DOWNLOAD THIS!!!
WAIT UNTIL IT'S ON THE WEBSITE IN DOWNLOADS, NOT SOME STRANGE URL YOU NEVER SEEN, PEOPLE WAKE UP AND PAY ATTENTION...... THIS IS PROBABLY A WAY TO GET YOUR PASSWORD IN WOW.

Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
Why this post?
-------------------------
OK! Enough people have been emailing and sending me messages about where to get the new version, that i've created a new topic that I can control the first 2 threads of for it, now you never have to go searching the information will be here.

The File
-------------------------
Carbonite FAN UPDATE 5.04 is located at <snip>

Be sure to virus scan it if you have any concerns, it's always best to be safe no matter how many people before you say they've downloaded it.
I know you can be sure enough about anything ...
But there is not executable in that only lua file ...
and that file executed in wow and taht is separated from computer or his resources ...
i know carbonite send information on custom channel for example about new version and ets.
but addon cant to get to your password or any other information ...
i know that u can copy text via clipboard from and to wow for example your guild website ....
But there is no reason to be paranoid,i install a lot programs and only solution is good antivirus and firevall ...
If i was virus writer i would write key simple keyloggerwhich was send your psasword via internet not lua
file which still have got limited access to yout computer in fact not at all ... i think taht si calles sandbox

P.S. If you are still afraid about hacking your account buy authenticator from blizzard

Last edited by Haleth : 08-31-12 at 01:54 PM. Reason: removed offsite download link