Thread: Carbonite 5.04
View Single Post
08-31-12, 01:18 PM   #56
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
they haven't updated the webpage, but it still remains they retain all rights to the addon just by creating it. In fact, it's been less then a year since they last updated it.

As for the concern there is a virus in it, if you are concerned then don't install it.. it's that simple. I'm not holding hands, or forcing anyone to use it, I updated it for myself because I couldn't live without it and thought i'd be kind and share it, but ask yourself this ... if there was a virus in it, do you really think the link would of lasted all week here on the forums, someone would of discovered it and reported it.

Yes I could play bait and switch, but there are just lua files inside the zip, and it will remain that way. As far as I know there is no way for an lua script run inside of WoW to get your personal information, if this is wrong i'd love to be shown or told otherwise, because it would be the end of me trusting / using any addon... i'm very paranoid about security.

As for people trying to get in contact with the developers, so we can get this cleared up... various people who have better contact details then forum messages are trying, it just hasn't worked yet.

---

and as an addendum, I never intended the link to be anywhere else besides wowinterface... but this is the digital age, and keeping something in one place is impossible... if you google search the link it's everywhere now. (any my poor server & 1M upload bandwidth is screaming in agony lol). virtxchange is a computer sitting right beside me, that normally does nothing but handle my tv recording. If there was anything malicious about it, someone, somewhere would of caught it. I may be a decent programmer, but i'm not that good ><.

Last edited by Rythal : 08-31-12 at 01:40 PM.