Thread: Unit frames
View Single Post
02-13-13, 04:58 AM   #11
humfras
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by zork View Post
The outcome is actually pretty darn awesome! One question though. How do you handle OnValueChanged. I mean how do you change the texture/color based on current value?

I mean I can see how you did it visually but you actually had to make multiple textures per statusbar right? I'm really interested in how you decided to do that.
The textures I use are white and I colored them in a yellow tone quite close to the actual Quake one (just a bit darker for better view/contrast).
The version in the screen shot uses static colors.

Every "frame" (health or power) consists of:
  • horizontal bar (0-70%):
  • vertical bar (70-100% or 70-80, 80-90, 90-100 because I only display the values inside the boxes [=> each box represents a value from 0-10 depending on it's base value (70/80/90%)])
with the following sub frames/textures:
  • Status texture (the one changing on value return)
  • Border texture (bright yellow line, self-explanatory [may be used for debuffs])
  • health warning border (the red flashing/blinking border [not completely done in the screenshot])

The statusbar is done via a simple texture manipulation (SetPoint() + SetWidth() + SetTexCoord()) because the build-in StatusBar can't handle reverse orientation.

Last edited by humfras : 02-13-13 at 05:02 AM.