View Single Post
07-15-10, 05:26 PM   #32
infamy
A Murloc Raider

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by ezarra View Post
Yeah, but there are a couple of things about the default UI that I just absolutely hate enough that if I couldn't get around them I wouldn't play the game. The big one is the default bar and the almost as big one is having access to class-specific spells/auras/stances in a pop-up menu button (the autobar class bar).

It's fine in the betas to be mucking about with the default UI, but I can't be productive with the default UI.
Which is all very fine and well - but when you've replaced most of Blizz's interface with custom work, you put yourself in a "you don't know what you don't know" situation. That's my point. Not that it's good to use the default, but that it's good to get back in touch with the default every once in a while, to see if there are addons you're using that you CAN do without. It's not practical to do so on raid night, but beta's a nice opportunity.

That, on the other hand, I've never seen the appeal of. I LIKE having separate bags. It's how I organize stuff. unequipped equipment in bag 5, quest items in bag 4, junk in the backpack and bag 2, misc overflow in bag 3. Normally I only open the backpack and maybe bag 2.
All-in-ones will do that for you, automatically, except you can have more than five-subgroups. However, it's not for everyone, and it lacks the solid feeling of "this is in this bag". I'm like that with Windows 7 - libraries bug me, I want to work in a folder-based world.