View Single Post
08-28-12, 04:27 PM   #58
Catitude
A Theradrim Guardian

Carbonite is MY #1 addon

Originally Posted by coranada View Post
Rythal, I just wanted to post and tell you that you are my HERO! I've been pre-mourning carbonite for weeks, expecting MoP and today's 5.0.4 patch to be the final death of it. The possibility of a fan update that keeps me able to access the map I am so addicted to is an absolute joy.

I am one of many, many people who appreciate your efforts in the extreme!

I also hope the original devs will post their intentions to either continue themselves or just go ahead and greenlight fan updates.

Thank you again for your work and for keeping the community in the loop on your progress and intentions, Rythal!
To see a light at the end of the 'WoW without Carbonite' tunnel is truely a blessing!
I do understand just how much RL can cut into Game time & even more so for the HEROs who create & maintain our beloved addons. I also know how easy it is for the reverse to occur, where we spend more time and energy on our virtual lives than our real ones. It is tough to find and maintain a balance.

I have talked with many Carbonite users on several servers... even while taking a brief break waiting for a BG to commence, or halfway thru a random Dungeon lol
I've even talked new users thru the setup either in Skype or Vent or in-game Mail
A full third of the members of the two 25th lvl guilds I'm in use it, and are anxiously awaiting the MoP update.
For most of us it is ALL ABOUT THE MAP!!!!!
We could muddle thru with out the remainder but the map is a thing of beauty & with the accuracy of objective tracking it is better than medium... umm errr... nm

Thank you so much for all of your efforts