View Single Post
03-31-10, 04:43 PM   #12
quasipolymath
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
Make sure to update your flash and adobe acrobat reader. Right now most keyloggers are taking advantage of people who have the older versions with the exploits to get their keylogger to you. Some hacked sites will start a pdf download that is infected, others display infected flash ads or site elements. So I would go to adobe.com and update flash and reader asap.

Also Minion will never have you enter your wow account login info. Heck it doesnt even run when WoW is running.

Like others said its java and you can look at the source code your self.

Make sure your virus/malware scanner is up to date and do a full scan. If it finds anything post all the information here so we can help you figure out where it came from.
As per previous message, I don't have either a.) an old version of flash or b.) any version whatsoever of acrobat reader. On the malware scanner, I have a brand new and fully-up-to date enterprise version of Symantec Endpoint provided by my employer. Scanning with the most aggressive scan available returns nothing, as it shouldn't. The only pieces of 3rd party software on this rig are WoW, Firefox, the aforementioned virus utils, Curse Client, and Minion. I have only accessed the internet to download the above.

The only other pc I have every used for WoW is my mac. This is my work computer and it is so aggressively locked down, it's laughable. Process scans have turned up no keyloggers. Also, I have never shared any information on anything with anyone and have never corresponded about my account online, even with Blizzard employees, until today.

Taking all this into account, I find it more than an odd coincidence that I install this software and suddenly I am hacked. Also, I should note that MMOUI minion does have a creds page in the options. I filled this in.

Update: I should also note that, despite suggestions to do so, I can't look at any of the minion source code because I wiped it, Curse, and my WoW install off of the PC. I'm not planning on putting anything else on the PC for a while.

Update 2: My account was reset at the battle.net level prior to any unauthorized access. I'm not sure if this is somehow significant.

Last edited by quasipolymath : 03-31-10 at 04:51 PM. Reason: Updates