Thread: Carbonite 5.0
View Single Post
09-10-12, 08:07 AM   #34
djGrrr
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Those of us who have been using carbonite for years all know that what your going to do is bandage carbonite and not actually fix anything, Rythal, in a matter of a few weeks has managed to fix bugs that have been present in carbonite since Wotlk. It is pretty clear to me and many others that you are just milking carbonite for every last cent in donations, while you do not actually care. Donators have not even been getting access to the supporters forum...

It would be FAAAR smarter to actually get Rythal on the team and have him develop it for you, since he is actively playing wow and clearly knows what he's doing, and I think actually mentioned that he'd be willing to do that (I could be wrong).

This statement here really tells the whole story:
"It is our addon. We did not ask, nor do we want someone else modding it."

Ever since Blizzard made it so that paid addons are not allowed, carbonite has went into serious neglect, it wasn't right away of course but after some time pretty much all development ceased. While i do not blame you or any of the other developers for that, i do think it is pretty petty of you not to even consider getting an active and willing developer on the team who actually wants to fix carbonite. This would certainly increase the number of donators too.