View Single Post
07-20-10, 08:32 PM   #23
Sythalin
Curse staff

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Mera View Post
Of course this is not a failure of your computer but the fact that you've noticed it is slow with only 6000 words recognized is abnormal and I'm not sure the scintilla speed patch will be better for you.

I suggest you invest in the i7
I notice it with ONE word. But it's fine. I understand that it's a library issue and that's fine. I was simply throwing out that it was an unexpected problem to anyone else who looked at it and went "Hey, awesome, a n++ plugin! That saves me a ton of time!"

However, I'm not going to continue to sit here and be told how "inferior" my system is because it doesn't have an i7. There are plenty of other places with more qualified people where I can be told my system "sucks". Yes, I can read between the lines. What bothers me is how you've turned this into "my uber rig can run it, why can't yours? Oh, because it sucks."

I have 3 options and I'll consider them all:
1) Wait for the miracle patch
2) Keep working with the standard lua as I have been to date
3) Shop around for another editor that meets my liking

This will be my last response on the matter as I have the info I was looking for. I'll leave with this, more fuel to stroke your epeen with:

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 925 (2.8GHz, I don't OC as I'm not made of money if it fries)
RAM: 8GB DDR3

I'll admit my comp isn't as uber. You win the thread. Good day.