View Single Post
10-21-10, 07:54 PM   #3
Grimsin
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
that isn't true for the minimap though is it? i know i masked the minimap from circle to square and back again via Minimap:SetMaskTexture([[Interface\BUTTONS\WHITE8X8]])

without having to compensate the edges. i always thought this is how the circle buttons were done but as i have never used circle buttons other then the ones that were in Necrosis i have no idea.

has anyone tried setting the mask texture to their own mask file? or to any number of the files in bliz's art that would work? is that not how the fancy hud bars are done to?

edit - and to answer the initial question to some degree - No, you would not use a transparent texture but rather you would have to set the player portrait texture mask to a circle, a white one? I think. At lest that is how i would think to do it. That is how i did it with the minimap via the code line i entered above. This may be something only the minimap can do but as i have seen a ton of round char portrait stuff and i know the char portrait stuff has a ton of special functions in its code, i would go look through that and see if you find something there maybe and try that line above.

GrimUI
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by Grimsin : 10-21-10 at 07:59 PM.