View Single Post
04-14-09, 03:26 AM   #28
Rendus
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Premium Member
People act surprised because, unless you're one of the people who bother with the forums here, you'd never know what's going on or why. There's no link I can find on the WOW Interface site explaining the issues people have with WowMatrix. There's nothing there if you're a normal user of the site.

WowMatrix will easily work around this, I'm sure - A change of a useragent string, throttling update polling, something like that, and we'll be back at square one, with users who just want to update their addons caught in the lurch, between the horrible interfaces of these sites or their clients, and the desire of these sites to cut off WowMatrix.

Of course, WowMatrix and it's ilk wouldn't be necessary at all if addon authors actually wrote addons that worked properly, instead of slinging blobs of broken code around.

-edit- One more thing. You must be truly proud of yourselves to go out of your way to inconvenience people on patch day. It's an interesting logic, there. I understand the part about wanting to reduce server load, and I'm sure there's an unspoken desire to push people to the site for all the various reasons you want hits. But at the same time, you offer a public service - It's interesting to me that you'd be so quick to inconvenience users of this service to spite WowMatrix authors.

This will just drive me to mirror addons on my guild's site, avoiding both the grief of trying to get everyone updated addons and having to deal with Curse or WoWInterface. Instead of being able to play tomorrow, I'll have to herd cats all day. I'm not alone in this regard - Surely, I'll be violating somebody's copyright by doing this, but I'm not about to wrestle with it.

Last edited by Rendus : 04-14-09 at 03:31 AM.