View Single Post
09-02-12, 12:51 PM   #331
Kreelor
A Firelord

Rythal, after you've rested and finished some of the many other requests that users have mentioned, maybe you can take a look at what I'm hoping for. Those POI are important to folks like me who haven't memorized everything in every place throughout the game. Sometimes, I want to "see" where something is, so I can set a path to it, if it's the closest one of some type of POI, etc.

For a long time, my Carbonite map has been unable to do what its developers say it's supposed to do, and that is to display the Blizzard's mini-map POI icons onto the Carbonite map. They said, or they used to say?... "if the Blizzard mini-map shows it, then the Carbonite map will show it." It doesn't work, at least it hasn't worked for me in years.

Here's the only reference I can find using this forum's 'search' for "POI." Notice the date when it was first posted, and also note that the developer replied with a seemingly "non answer" to the question. My problem is the same as the original poster's problem. My Carbonite map does NOT display all the POI's that Blizzard's mini-map shows.

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...&highlight=POI

If you're compiling your own list of "user's wish-list items," then please add mine. I've had to do without both the Carbonite's " ? " (Guide) not working, and the POI's not being visible (reflected onto the Carbonite map) for years, so I can certainly wait.

Rest up and feel happy!