View Single Post
02-04-10, 01:18 AM   #3
Amenity
Originally Posted by Zyonin View Post
WARNING!

This How-To is bordering on ToS violation territory if not aright violating the WoW ToS..

Blizzard historically had not taken kindly to MPQ hacks of any kind whether it be modifying the existing mpq or adding new "patch" mpqs. These types of changes are picked by Warden and likely will result in your account being flagged.

You may want to take down this How-To until you can verify the legality of what you are doing.
Alright, I've done so for now (EDIT: It's back up now)...now explain this. I have not once seen anything about adding files being against ToS (unless of course, the obvious cross-faction communication or game automation etc).

Also, I really dislike how you've alluded to this being a "hack". It's not. All this is doing is adding a file that says "Hey WoW, instead of using your own file how about you use this one?" (EDIT: Actually it doesn't even do that. It just exists. WoW is choosing to use it.) In fact, it's really no different than this:

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...rrorsound.html

The only thing that's different is that this file is a .MPQ, and that one is an audio file. NO BLIZZARD FILES ARE BEING ALTERED IN ANY WAY WHATSOEVER.

So perhaps before you villainize someone you should back up your claims with some solid evidence? Innocent until proven guilty...the burden of proof lies on you, not me.

Last edited by Amenity : 02-04-10 at 01:09 PM.