View Single Post
12-17-17, 05:00 PM   #8
Lazare
An Aku'mai Servant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Zyre View Post
Thanks. It's unfortunate that Curse has gone to the dark side with addon authors solely dedicating their energies in tow, but from a monetary and visibility sense, it's understandable.
I take GREAT OFFENSE to that statement as an addon author both here and on Curse. I do it for the love of the game and how to make it better
I also HATE the Twitch app, but it is finally getting better (hopefully do in part with the number of "Feedbacks" that I have posted with each and every "update" that they have posted. The Twitch app used to make me "twitch" EVERY time I used it… I HATED it so much I vowed many times to never use it again (I was updating manually, following what was new on my favorite lists on both sites). I had used minion in the past, but had too many problems with it replacing newer versions with old ones (ever hear of version control???)
As of late the Twitch app is only taking a few minutes to get to the point of showing the ones that updates are needed. Before I would have to jump thru hoops, clicking various links on the app to get it to update. Sometimes it does revert back to having to do that, which triggers a blazing feedback from me letting them know to get their shit together and fix their damn app (I have actually sent more of those than I can count). I have been a computer user / programming since 1975, so it pisses me off terribly when I see poorly half finished coding.

Cheers!
Lazare

My Authored Addons
HOME OF THE FREE, BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE