View Single Post
03-23-09, 06:31 AM   #19
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Delmara View Post
I wouldn't necessarily call Wild West Domains (WWD) a sister company they are GoDaddy. If you call the tech support for WWD (or even the tech support number on a hosting site that uses WWD) you'll get GoDaddy's tech support. The exact same people that answer GoDaddy's tech support number. If you've ever called them have you ever noticed that they don't answer with "Thank you for calling GoDaddy, WWD, etc"? They're not supposed to reveal that it's the same company. If they did it causes a lot of confusion for the customer.
Perhaps "sister company" isn't the proper word. Wild West Domains is the name used for their resellers. Legally, Wild West Domains is a separate registrar apart from GoDady, even though it's owned by the same company. I pay Wild West Domains every year, and the checks I get from them are from Wild West Domains... not GoDaddy.

The reason they do not answer the phone using a "name" is because they're a reseller. Wouldn't look good to my hosting clients to call that number regarding their domain name account and have them answer with a different name than my company name lol. (I don't use them for hosting purposes. Only for selling domains.)