View Single Post
02-09-06, 01:26 PM   #1
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
WatchDog

WatchDog 1.20 Released

Next version is up and available. This one adds a few goodies =) You can download it at http://www.wowinterface.com/download...php?s=&id=3953. Please make sure to DELETE your previous versions of WatchDog and WatchDogOptions to make sure the install goes cleanly.

CHANGELOG:

WatchDog 1.20
=============
  • Added StickyFrames to WatchDog. Now when you move frames around, they'll stick
    to the edges of the other frames. This will make them much easier to set up and drag around.
  • There have been a number of changes to the dragging system.
  • Drag buttons have been removed (*cheer*).
  • When WatchDog is unlocked (using /wd lock, /wd unlock) tooltips will display:
    - Left-Drag to move all frames
    - Alt-Left-Drag to move this frame
  • You can now use the /wd showall and /wd hideall commands to display ALL frames so
    you can move then around. It sets them to a fixed width so the use is somewhat
    limited-- but it helps when setting up your UI.
  • Every frame will stick to every other frame using StickyFrames. You should be able
    to line up your frames without any issues now and have them stack properly.
  • Buffs and Debuffs now show the number of applications of a buff. This has been tested
    as much as possible, and seems to work quite well-- let me know if you run into any issues
    with it.
  • Buff and debuff scanning now uses a seperate WatchDogTooltip, like it should have all along.
    There's a ton of things that I have fixed in 2.0 that I want to move over-- cause they're
    just plain the right way to go =)
  • Added /watchdog, /wdog as aliases for /wd, due to conflicts with Wardrobe and AceWardrobe
  • Full list of /wdog commands are:
  • /wdog lock - Locks WatchDog
  • /wdog unlock - Unlocks Watchdog
  • /wdog showall - Shows ALL WatchDog frames. This is a setup mode for moving the bars around
  • /wdog hideall - Hides all watchdog frames and returns to normal operation.
  • /wdog restoredefaults - Resets ALL settings and completely blanks your settings. Be careful
  • /wdog cc - Opens the click-casting dialog
  • /wdog resetframes - Resets frames to their default locations, in case you mess them up.
  • Frame positions are now being saved in SavedVariables and not in the layout-cache.txt file.
    This should prevent issues with frame positions being lost between patches and when disabling
    WatchDog. PLEASE let me know if you have any issues with it.
  • Added support for XRaid Clickcasting
  • Added AceHooks to WatchDog. I'm not using this to handle the blizzard raid UI hooking,
    as well as the XRaid hooking
  • Added [lowhpcolor] - Returns RED if the unit is below 20% health
  • Added [lowmpcolor] - Returns BLUE if the unit is below 20% mana
  • Changed [aggro] to the following behavior - Returns the color over the overhead "aggro" text
    of a player. If the mob is tapped by someone else, it will return grey. Thanks Tekkub

Originally Posted by Cladhaire
Watchdog is a highly customizable set of UnitFrames first and foremost. When logging in for the first time, you'll see a single UnitFrame towards the center of your screen. It will display some information about your character, and windows will pop up as party members, pets and targets show up.

You can open the configuration menu by typing /wdog, /wd or /watchdog, depending on what other addons are installed in your system (/wd conflicts with Wardrobe type addons). There are a number of options available on this screen, and I won't explain them all since they'll be changing quite soon.

You can open the click-casting configuration screen by clicking "Click-casting" on the options screen, or by typing /wdog cc.

Click-casting allows you to set up different profiles for the way WatchDog responds to your clicks, as well as integrating these clicks into the Blizzard raid UI and CTRaidAssist. For example for a priest, you could set it so:

Shift-LeftClick: Flash Heal
Alt-LeftClick: Greater Heal
Control-LeftClick: Renew
Alt-RightClick: Dispel Magic
Control-RightClick: Power Word:Shield
Shift-RightClick: Power Word:Fortitude

This makes targeting and casting spells much easier and can make playing the game a little more than mashing the keyboard =). This mod can also be used for non-heals, as you can customize the hostile clicks seperately from friendly clicks. The click casting interface allows you to drag and drop from your spellbook so editing is quite easy.

The format strings (Target Format 1, Player Format 2, etc.) are what defines what is seen on each frame-- and can be customized per type of frame. Format strings are entered using a system of [tags]. A full listing of the tags is available in the readme.txt file:
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."

Last edited by Cladhaire : 03-21-06 at 10:22 PM.