View Single Post
07-14-10, 07:11 AM   #3
Bluspacecow
Giver of walls of text :)

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
8) For the most part the downloading of the various builds to get your Cataclysm beta client updated to the latest Build is for the most part Automated.

I'm talking about once you have a "World of Warcraft Beta" folder and the Launcher is looping through downloading then installing the various builds..

You do not need to sit there and watch it or click anything else to get it to keep downloading and installing.

Your free at this stage to go do something else for a while while it downloads and updates everything.

For example I've set mine running , gone outside to do some chores , come back , started a backup running on my computer , had a bit of a lie down , catched up on some reading , come back , gone off to check Facebook in Firefox, wandered off to prepare a hot water bottle , gotten distracted by checking if I really did read last months parcel of comics etc etc etc.

Once it's gotten to the Launcher stage and assuming your Live install was all koshed and clean and stuff you should be ok to walk away and leave it. Feel free to turn the monitor off and get some shut eye if late at night. Most of the errors I know to affect installation happen at that initial getting it installed stage (before the launcher downloading all those build updates)

Use your "Downloader" or "Updater" buttons when they're lit up to check on progress but for the most part you can leave it to do it's thang.

PS Oh and woah O_O. Only finished this thread barely 10-20 minutes before it got sticked . zoom! zoom! wooooosh!
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)

Last edited by Bluspacecow : 07-14-10 at 07:14 AM.