View Single Post
02-18-13, 10:44 PM   #69
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You know, I noticed that when you first started posting about SmartRes; I could have sworn I adjusted all of the callbacks and functions so they all returned values in the same order (target, then caster, then other info), but apparently I did not. I was going to just leave it as-is to avoid breaking compatibility, but I'm not actually aware of any addons other than mine and yours that are using the lib yet, and have no way to search for them, so I'm just going to go ahead and make the change I thought I already made.

However, I would like to do a bit of testing before I commit. I'm sending you a PM with my BattleTag; please send me an invite (and let me know what times you're usually on) so we can do some testing.

I'm also going to go ahead and add spellID to the end of the arguments passed with the ResCastStarted callback, so you won't need to call UnitCastingInfo anymore to get it. LRI already calls UnitCastingInfo to get the endTime, so there's no reason to make addons call the same function again to find out which spell is being cast.

This information will not be provided with the lib:UnitIsCastingRes API, however, as LRI does not already call UnitCastingInfo here, and not all addons need this information.

I also noticed that ResCastCancelled was inconsistently returning guid/unit instead of unit/guid, so that's getting fixed as well.

Last edited by Phanx : 02-18-13 at 11:08 PM.