View Single Post
04-30-07, 05:31 AM   #11
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
CoS works for most things except Bleed effects. So if you have bleed effects (Hemo, Rupture (Finsher) Garrote (Opener), Rend, Rake, Rip (Finsher), Pounce (Opener), Lacerate, then use em as it will knock the rogue out of Stealth makeing Vanish useless.

Mages should kite them, using instant casts, Frost Nova, Blink and if you have time Frost bolts.

Warlocks should Fear, DoT, DoT, Deathcoil, sic your Felpuppy on them.

Druids get the bleed effects and Farie Fire on them, Open with Prowl, finish with Maim if you are in kitty and you have the points to stun em or Rip for another Bleed effect, then shift to Bear to weather the storm, Bash to stun and Lacerate/Mangle.

Paladins use HoJ and Consecrate to control the fight, Bubble to heal and just wear them down.

Hunters use pets, traps and instant shots, then kite them.

Warriors need to Rend, Hamstring, and use Intimidating Shout (if the CD is up) and Demoralizing shout then kill them.

Priest, Shadow Pain, Psychic Scream and Mind Flay til the Rogue keels over

Always force Rogues to use their CDs (Sprint, CoS, Vanish, other CDs) at bad times for them, once the CDs are blown they are wide open for a kill. Have Racials and trinkets handy to try and break stuns if you get stunned. And if you hear the Stealth sound before you can launch an attack run somewhere very fast!!!! The trick is get the jump on the Rogue. A Rogue's strong point is when they attack you from Stealth. A good Rogue that is Stealthed will get that #@*$ing stunlock on you and thus the greeting from the Spirit Healer as you run again. However if you catch the Rogue before they have Stealthed then you can control the fight and the odds are in your favor.

This is coming from one who has played as a Rogue and vs Rogues. I have a level 70 Druid that eats Rogues, and as a Rogue I have been on the recieving of the attack I have mentioned.

Last edited by Zyonin : 04-30-07 at 06:05 AM.